Ty Pinkins for Mississippi is seeking a Videographer / Content Creator to join our growing campaign digital team. This multifaceted role will primarily focus on video and work with the Digital Director and the digital team to create content that aligns with the campaign brand and message. They’ll lead on everything from recording video, editing, and at times, directing the candidate on camera. An ideal candidate will be an eager and organized self-starter with a positive attitude and a sense of humor. They should have a passion for Democratic politics, and be ready to bring big ideas to the table. They must be able to learn on their feet and juggle multiple projects on tight timelines. This role will often be on the road capturing content at campaign events and working closely with members from other departments. Candidates must be flexible with a keen eye for social media opportunities.
● Work with our Social Media Manager to plan and execute a goal-oriented content calendar
● Develop content for digital platforms, including social media, SMS, email, ads, and more
● Create digital content that can achieve a number of different goals including fundraising, generating volunteers, persuading voters and more
● Travel on the road with the Senator to capture content at events — focusing on video
● Work with our digital and communications teams to brainstorm and execute new ideas
● Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
● Experience in video production, photography, animation, and/or general internet culture
● Knowledgeable in all social media platforms including twitter, facebook, instagram, tiktok
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and adapt quickly to changing political environments
● Strong discretion and commitment to a dynamic team environment
● Willingness to work long and irregular campaign hours, including nights and weekends
This role will be based in Jackson but can start remotely immediately. Candidates from non-traditional backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Mississippi ties are preferred but not required.
To Apply: Send resume, portfolio, and a paragraph about why you’d be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Videographer / Content Creator - Your Name” in the subject line.
Ty Pinkins for U.S. Senate is a fast-paced, dynamic campaign environment. We expect all our employees to be committed to the election of Democrats, willing to commit to long and irregular campaign hours (sometimes including nights and weekends). Our team values the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and solve problems creatively. We additionally expect our employees to demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Our staff maintains a shared commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.
Ty Pinkins for U.S. Senate is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment. We welcome applicants of any educational background, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, immigration status, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, criminal record, mental or physical disability or disorder, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Applicants from underrepresented communities are particularly encouraged to apply.