Ty Pinkins for Mississippi is seeking an Advance Lead to join our growing team. The Advance Lead will assist the Director of Advance and will work with members of the campaign leadership team, the campaign scheduler to ensure that events are planned successfully and run smoothly.
The ideal candidate should be assertive and able to work quickly and in rapidly changing environments. Should be a natural problem-solver with the ability to evaluate, create and implement solutions to challenges on the fly. The candidate should also be able to prioritize competing demands and be able to handle interacting, both internally and externally, with a wide variety of people and personalities. Extreme attention to detail is required. The Advance Lead will report directly to the Director of Advance. In an effort to build a well-rounded campaign with all voices represented, we encourage folks from any educational background, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, immigration status, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, criminal record, mental or physical disability or disorder, HIV antibody status, parental or familiar status, or veteran status to apply.
• Assist in planning a variety of events across the state of Mississippi
• Travel to and coordinate with advance staff to work events and ensure the candidate’s needs are met.
• Coordinate campaign events with Director of Advance, Operations Director, and Director of Scheduling
• Coordinate with communications and digital departments for coverage of events
• Assist event ordering and vendor relationships
• Aid in operations staff recruitment and interview processes
• Other responsibilities as required
• Ability to manage several tasks and projects at the same time
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in an office setting
• Experience working events and traveling for work
• Detail oriented and good follow through on tasks
• Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office suites required
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff and external stakeholders
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Position: Advance Lead
Reports to: Director of Advance
Salary: $4,500 monthly Location:
Based in Jackson, Mississippi.
Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare medical insurance along with vision and dental policies. Hours: This position’s schedule will vary based on the needs of the campaign and will require evening and weekend work over the course of the election cycle.
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com with “Advance Lead” in the subject line of the email and three professional references.
Ty Pinkins for U.S. Senate is a fast-paced, dynamic campaign environment. We expect all our employees to be committed to the election of Democrats, willing to commit to long and irregular campaign hours (sometimes including nights and weekends). Our team values the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and solve problems creatively. We additionally expect our employees to demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Our staff maintains a shared commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.
Ty Pinkins for U.S. Senate is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment. We welcome applicants of any educational background, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, immigration status, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, criminal record, mental or physical disability or disorder, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Applicants from underrepresented communities are particularly encouraged to apply.