Ty Pinkins for U.S. Senate is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our growing team. The Administrative Assistant will work with the Operations Department to ensure that all office best practices are being followed. The ideal candidate should be friendly yet assertive and able to work in a busy environment. The candidate should also be able to prioritize competing demands and be able to handle interacting, both internally and externally, with a wide variety of people and personalities. Extreme attention to detail is required. The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Operations Director. In an effort to build a well-rounded campaign with all voices represented, we encourage folks from any educational background, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, immigration status, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, criminal record, mental or physical disability or disorder, HIV antibody status, parental or familiar status, or veteran status to apply.
• Greet all visitors to the campaign office and ensure all visitor sign in procedures are followed.
• Receive and sort all campaign packages, mail, and deliveries.
• Assist the Operations Team’s inventory audits, purchasing, distribution, and event planning.
• Ensure that staff office needs are being met.
• Coordinate with the campaign’s security team.
• Other responsibilities as required.
• Minimum of 2-years professional experience in an operations or office administration role
• Ability to manage several tasks and projects at the same time
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in an office setting
• Detail oriented and good follow through on tasks
• Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office suites required
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff and visitors.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Operations Director
Salary: $4,000 monthly
Location: Based in Jackson, Mississippi
Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare medical insurance along with vision and dental policies. Hours: This position’s schedule will vary based on the needs of the campaign and will require evening and weekend work over the course of the election cycle.
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of the email and three professional references.
Ty Pinkins for U.S. Senate is a fast-paced, dynamic campaign environment. We expect all our employees to be committed to the election of Democrats, willing to commit to long and irregular campaign hours (sometimes including nights and weekends). Our team values the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and solve problems creatively. We additionally expect our employees to demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Our staff maintains a shared commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.
Ty Pinkins for U.S. Senate is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment. We welcome applicants of any educational background, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, immigration status, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, criminal record, mental or physical disability or disorder, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Applicants from underrepresented communities are particularly encouraged to apply.